I was pleased to finish this present in time before setting off on holiday & to give to my housemate for her upcoming birthday:
Forever needing to check her notebook with her work schedule in it, I thought I’d get her a diary. (An academic year one, running from July for what it’s worth!) & Rather than any old pretty colour, decided to make a cover for it.
Thanks to my Sensei from afar who provided me a stash of pretty Japanese fabric some time ago, which I used; as well as expertise and gentle coaching as I got confused figuring out this pattern, minus the pocket on the sleeve.
It was an enjoyable task and quick once I got round to the actual sewing! Next time I’d like to improve neatening out the corners. Not sure exactly how I’d do it though, given all the layers and lining. I did snip the corners before turning out, pressed and poked through with the end of a chopstick (appropriate, given the history of the fabric, I thought!), but my perfectionist eye feels it could be better. Still another job done and satisfaction ensues.